Price: £30 + £5 supplement for oil products (to take home)
(4hrs – dates coming soon)
Aromatherapy is nothing new. Plants and flowers have been used to heal us for centuries. The Ancient Egyptians and Romans used it as far back as 3BC. It is from plants that modern-day medicines have been formulated such as quinine, digitalis and morphine. We are lucky enough to now be living in an age when we can choose between modern, simulated medicines which are life-saving, such as antibiotics and gentler, natural medicines in essential oils, such as peppermint for pain relief.
Essential oils penetrate the body through the olfactory pathways via the nose and through the bloodstream via the skin. The effect these oils have is on the limbic system where chemical molecules are translated into electrical stimuli which communicate with different parts of the brain, which in turns sends out the appropriate message to the body.
This is a basic training course, just to get you started, so you can mix your own oil blends at home. After the course, you will realise the very powerful nature of essential oils, learning:
- A Brief History of Aromatherapy
- The Limbic System and Olfactory Pathways
- The Importance of Massage for Holistic Health
- Dilution of Oils and Carrier Lotions/Oils
- How Essential Oils can help Relieve Stress
- Understanding ‘Notes’ and How to Use them to Blend Formulas
- Introduction to the Basic Essential Oils to get you Started
- Blending a ‘Relaxing’ Oil to take Home
Refreshments provided. You will be taking your own blend home.
Dates of courses: TBA