(4hrs – dates coming soon)
There is a growing trend towards eating the Ayurvedic diet which has been established for centuries in India. Ayurvedic means “The Science of Life” and is based on the belief that health and wellness is a delicate balance between mind, body and spirit. A lot of the eating principles of the west, backed by research, are only just catching up with this ancient method of eating.
It is no secret. You establish your DOSHA – in other words, your body type VATA, PITTA, KAPHA aka endomorph, mesomorph and ectomorph – and eat the foods that are best for your digestion or AGNI. Eating the right foods for you means a leaner, healthier body.
A strong, energetic body is the basis of the root chakra and this course is very much about improving PHYSICAL BODY.
I shall give you a very simple easy introduction and suggested eating plan. By the end course you will have an understanding of this healthier way of eating:
- The Principles of Ayurveda: Sattva, Rajas, Tamas
- The Five Elements: Space, Air, Fire, Water, Earth
- Understanding the Human Constitution – Dosha: Vata, Pitta, Kapha
- The Characteristics of each Dosha and how to identify yours
- The Vital Forces/Energies within our Body: Ojas, Tejas, Prana
- Healthy v Dis-Eased body
- 6 Flavours in Food: Sweet, Sour, Salty, Pungent, Bitter, Astringent
- 3 Energy States of Food: Sattva, Rajas, Tamas
- Identifying your eating plan – what is right for you
- Ayurveda guidelines and daily rituals for eating and living healthily
Lunch & Refreshments provided.
Dates of Courses: TBA